Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Day Twenty-Two: My favorite city

Man, I'm such a lawyer. The minute I saw this post on Katie's blog, I immediately started analyzing the assignment. Does she mean my favorite city to live in? Or does she mean my favorite city to visit? Do I limit myself to American cities, or can I include international places?

I'm going to keep it simple and tell you about my favorite American city to visit: NEW YORK CITY!!!

I went there during my senior year in college with my roommate, Rebecca, and I absolutely loved it. There was just an energy about it that was infectious. We tried to hit every tourist spot, and we made it to the Statue of Liberty, Times Square, FAO Schwarz, Central Park (which was my FAVORITE), Tiffany, Rockefeller Center, St. Patrick's Cathedral, Magnolia Bakery, Canal Street, Wall Street, and Little Italy (best Italian food of my LIFE!). We even saw Beauty and the Beast on Broadway!

It was a jam-packed five days, but one of the most fun times of my life. And I learned a very, very valuable lesson: never ever wear heels while walking around NYC. Just don't do it to yourself, no matter how cute you think you look.

Here are a few pictures of our adventures!

Our bargain-shopped hotel room.


I actually asked Rebecca if this was the tree at Rockefeller Center.
And I said what about Breakfast at Tiffany's...

Central Park... if you ever go to NYC and have any fondness for magical/charming places you MUST go to Central Park. I'll never forget it.
This is a really long story, but basically Rebecca's excited that she met a cute boy, and I'm freaked out that his drunk friend wouldn't stop hitting on me.

This was us at the airport on the way home. I'm not actually sure what's happening here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...