Monday, November 1, 2010

Music Monday...



I'm posting again today, but it's not for the Blog Challenge. I actually wanted to share two music-ish things with you.

First, if you haven't bought Taylor Swift's new album yet, you totally should! It's called Speak Now, and it's great. It bears little resemblance to her first two albums - it's a little darker and a lot sassier, but I love it! She's calling people out and naming names.

One song is called "Dear John," and it's apparently directed at John Mayer.

Dear John, I see it all now that you're gone.
Don't you think I was too young to be messed with?
The girl in the dress cried the whole way home.
Should have known.

Another is called "Back to December," and it's about her relationship with Taylor Lautner.

Turns out freedom ain't nothin but missing you
Wishing that I had realized what I had when you were mine.
I'd go back to December, turn around and make it alright.
I go back to December all the time.

And my VERY favorite is called "Better than Revenge." It's supposed to be about Camilla Belle, who stole Joe Jonas away from Taylor.

She's not a saint, and she's not what you think, she's an actress, whoa.
But she's better known for the things that she does on the mattress, whoa.
Soon she's gonna find stealing other people's toys on the playground won't make you many friends
She should keep in mind, she should keep in mind there is nothing I do better than revenge.

MEOW, Taylor! Anyway, if you haven't downloaded it yet, you can get it on Amazon right now for $3.99! And to make that deal even sweeter, enter "STUDENT3" to get $3.00 off - making it $0.99!

The other thing I wanted to tell you about was Grooveshark. It's an internet radio site, kind of like Pandora. But it allows you to pick the exact songs you want to listen to, add them to your list, and make playlists! And it's totally free! I love Pandora because it totally just gets me. I build a station based upon one song or artist, and it predicts other songs it thinks I might like. I've found a lot of great music on Pandora, and it's a LIFESAVER at work. But you only get 40 hours per month for free, so when I run out of Pandora hours, I switch to Grooveshark. Check them both out if you haven't already. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...