Tuesday, December 21, 2010

What's been up...

I hate going this long without blogging. It really is such an outlet for me, and I miss it when go too long between posts. But I've had a rough past few days, so you'll have to forgive me.

Driving to work on Friday, I started feeling this pulsating pressure in my head. It wasn't a headache, exactly, but it was incredibly uncomfortable and made driving fairly difficult. When I got to work, I absolutely couldn't concentrate on anything, and I started feeling weak. Thank goodness my sweet Momma works just five minutes away, because she came and got me and took me to an urgent care clinic. They couldn't figure out what was wrong after doing a full neurological exam, pregnancy test, and bloodwork (all negative, thank goodness!).

Since then, the pressure in my head has stayed fairly constant apart from Sunday evening when it went away and I was THRILLED... until it came back the next morning. I thought it might have something to do with a medication I was taking to clear up my skin (thanks for that, bar exam!) and had a checkup with my dermatologist yesterday. But he wasn't sure what was causing it.

This morning, the pressure has decreased slightly, and I went to see an internist, who thinks it could be a side effect from the medication. We're just going to wait a week and see if it goes away. If it doesn't, I'll be headed in for an MRI next week. I'm working and basically fully functional - the pressure is just distracting, and I don't focus very well.

Anyway, I'm sure everything will be fine (although I've definitely had a few freakout moments and have googled every variation of "pressure in my head" that I can think of). God has it all figured out, and I'm at peace about it. I'm just ready to feel better! :)

And if I don't get back here before then, I hope everyone has a very merry Christmas! There are many things for which to be joyful - especially the birth of Jesus Christ!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...