Monday, February 7, 2011

Meal-Planning Monday: An Update

A week or two ago, I posted these recipes, and I just wanted to let y'all know how they turned out!

Flavorful Pot Roast
The verdict: DELICIOUS! I'm not usually a fan of pot roast, but this was so moist and flavorful - and I love that you just throw it in the Crock Pot and forget about it. That's my kind of meal! :)

Cheesy Corn Casserole
The verdict: Yummy! It has a really different texture, and the flavor is wonderful! Plus it was so easy. The only downside is that, for a side dish, it's a little pricey (just because Cheez Whiz is kind of high), but I like it anyway, and I will be making it again for sure!

Parmesan and Bacon Pasta:
The verdict: I didn't actually cook this one yet, but my sister-in-law did, and she said it was SCRUMPTIOUS, so I'm really excited to try it!

Butter Chicken:
The verdict: I've made this one before, and you seriously, seriously have to try it at your earliest convenience! It *only* has a half-stick of butter (although it DOES have quite a bit of heavy cream) and the best flavor. Just remember that you have to marinate the meat overnight. But it is so totally worth it. :)

Cheesy Mashed Potatoes:
The verdict: I actually thought these were incredibly yummy, but Micah wasn't super impressed. You have to peel the potatoes, then boil them, then mash them, and then bake them, so it's a bit of a hassle. Micah actually said that he preferred these potatoes. And I think I do too. :)

Oreo Cheesecake Cookies:
The verdict: A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. Seriously amazing. There's nothing more to say. Make them. Make them soon.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...