Sunday, May 22, 2011

He's in my boat...

Want to know the title of the sermon at church this morning?

Hoping for a Miracle?

Want to know what passage we studied?

Mark 6:45-52 - Jesus Walks on the Water

Want to know what Jesus said to his disciples just before He calmed the storms that threatened to capsize their boat?

"It is I." Which translates roughly to "I am."

I know I shouldn't be surprised. God has done this before, and I'm fairly certain he'll do it again the next time I find myself jealously guarding control of my hope.

But here's the thing I loved most about this passage. Jesus didn't leave His disciples to brave the storms alone. Nor did He miraculously calm the waves from afar. Instead, He got in their boat and silenced the stormy seas.

Even in the midst of the storms, God has promised to sit beside me in my boat. I can't imagine a safer place than that.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...