Monday, May 2, 2011

Now is not the time...

I don't often get political here. Heck, I don't often get political, period. But this is something I just have to say.

To those who think that the news of Bin Laden's death presents an opportunity to propagandize, please, please give it a second thought. I respect your right to express your thoughts about our government. I even respect your right to criticize it.

But remember those who fought tirelessly and died to defend that right you so flippantly exercise today. Good men and women died trying to find the man who inflicted unspeakable horror on our country ten years ago. And this moment is for them, as well as their families. This moment is tangible proof that their lives weren't lost in vain. Surely you can see that?

This isn't an invitation for a sparring match. I do that for a living, and I don't wish to make it a hobby. This is just me throwing out a very simple thought: please think before you speak.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...