Friday, August 26, 2011

Papaw's Tilapia...

I used to hate fish, but my when I was living with my Mamaw and Papaw in between college and law school, my Papaw made some tilapia that was absolutely scrumptious.  It's still my go-to fish recipe, so I thought I'd share it with y'all.  I like to bake it and serve it over rice with jalapeno cream corn.

Papaw's Tilapia 

(not my picture, but this is about what it should look like)

Ingredients 
tilapia fillets (we use frozen and just thaw them out a few hours beforehand)
lemon juice
Worchestershire sauce
seasoning (we use Tony's)
butter

Directions
Preheat the oven to 375 and grease a baking dish.

Lay however many fillets you want on the baking dish.  I usually make three - one for each of us and one extra.  Then squirt a generous amount of lemon juice on each fillet.  Micah adds more than I do, and I'm always glad he does.  Add a splash or two of Worchestershire sauce and season each fillet with the Tony's.  Lastly, add a pad of butter on top of each fillet.

Bake at 375 for 10 minutes or so, until the fish is white all the way through.  Don't overcook - it really doesn't take long to bake fish.

Serve over rice or whatever side floats your boat. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...