Wednesday, September 7, 2011

My Music Wednesday...

I've missed the last couple of several weeks, but I couldn't resist sharing this song when I stumbled across the video by accident.

True story:  When Micah broke up with me during my freshman year in high school, I played Mariah Carey's Someday on repeat for days, belting out Mariah's version of angry girl music and thinking about what I'd say to Micah when he came crawling back to me someday.

Turns out Mariah knew what she was talking about.  I had to wait two and-a-half years, but he finally came to his senses and came knocking on my door again. 

Of course, I graciously refrained from any kind of "I told you so" conversation, but just in case he ever needs reminding again, I'll remember that Mariah said it best:

You were so blind to let me go
You had it all but did not know
No one you'll find will ever be
Closer to all your dreams than me.


Ha! :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...