Thursday, September 8, 2011

Ode to grilled cheese...

Well, probably not an ode, actually.  More like a tribute.  Actually, not a tribute at all.  Probably more like a nod.  Yes, we'll call this post a nod to a grilled cheese.


In case you didn't know, I heart cheese.  Particularly when it's coupled with carbs and other things that are bad for me (ahem, bacon).  I've had a few really good grilled cheese sandwiches lately, and I thought I'd share them in case there other cheese enthusiasts looking for a scrumptious sandwich to satisfy their dairy desires.  (Look at that alliteration.  Coach Fontana would be so proud.)

Village Burger Bar's Four Cheese and Bacon Panini:  four cheeses, bacon, avocado, and basil mayo (except I always substitute ranch for the mayo)
This one might just be my favorite.  The bread is fantastic, the cheese is perfect, and the avocado and bacon just push it over the top.  Plus, it comes with a house salad, shoestring french fries, or sweet potato fries.  The sweet potato fries are the bomb.com.

Breadwinners's BW Grilled Cheese:  swiss, provolone, jack, cheddar, spinach, tomato on parmesan grilled tuscan bread 
If you're not ready for the spinach, it might catch you off guard.  But if you're prepared, I think you just might love it.

The Porch's Three Grilled Cheese Sandwich:  port salute, provolone, aged cheddar, sliced tomato on brioche and tomato soup served as side
This sandwich is famous at The Porch.  First, the sandwich itself is incredible.  It's not your grandma's grilled cheese, that's for sure.  But the tomato soup is also divine.  It's a gourmet-ish twist on a classic, and it floats my boat for sure.

The Common Table's Grilled Cheese Sandwich: roasted pork tenderloin, smoked cheddar, provolone, mozzerella, parmesan, sourdough, marinara dipping sauce
This sandwich is SO yummy, but it's definitely different from what you'd usually expect - particularly  because it has meat in it!  But it was delicious, and the marinara went with it perfectly.  I'll definitely order this again the next time I go back to The Common Table.

At this point, you should be drooling and more than prepared to go out and conquer a grilled cheese sandwich.  Godspeed, my friends.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...