Monday, October 3, 2011

Things I discovered this weekend...

1. Apparently I'm allergic to latex. When I went back to the dermatologist to have my stitches removed, the nurse asked me why I had put a latex bandaid on over them given that I'm "clearly" allergic to latex. Huh? Apparently that's why my skin has been so red. Who knew? (P.S. The biopsy was clear. Yay!)

2. I'm obsessed with OPI's Time-Less is More.


3. You can have 4-5 deluxe makeup/skincare/fragrance/haircare samples delivered to your door for $10/month when you sign up for Birchbox. I'll be getting my first box next month, and I promise to let you know whether I think it's worth it. I have a feeling that I will, though, mostly because I LOVE samples and the idea of trying new things without having to buy a full-sized product.



4. Little Lucy finished her last round of chemo this weekend! I've been following her mom Kate's blog for awhile now, and I've been aching for this sweet family. I'm praying fervently that this will be the end of Lucy's fight with cancer and that she can get back to make believe and baby dolls and barbies. GO LUCY GO!

5. I must purchase some Mary Janes. I first fell in love with this classic style while watching the Sex and the City episode where Carrie gets to raid the Vogue closet and finds the Manolo black patent leather mary janes.


I know, right? To die for.

And I've seen them EVERYWHERE lately.  I can't find any plain black patent leather ones that I like nearly that much, but I am kind of crazy about these from Nine West.


Simple, yet striking. Micah's out of town again this week, so maybe he won't notice if I stash a pair or two in my closet before he gets back. :)

2 comments:

Staci @ Life's Sweeter with Chocolate said...

LOVE those shoes from Nine West!!

Unknown said...

LOVE the shoes, but not the allergy! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...