Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Just some sentences...

I downloaded the free Kindle app for my iPhone, and I couldn't possibly convey the depths of my love for it. It automatically syncs up with my Kindle and knows what page I left off on so that I can steal a few pages of whatever book I'm reading whenever I get a spare minute. I woke up to find that the last book in the Inheritance Cycle had been delivered overnight, and I was this close to staying in bed and reading all day. Instead, I dragged myself out of bed and read a few pages while I straightened my hair and got ready for work. :)

Speaking of hair, I'm now officially the weird girl with the long hair. It has been probably six months since I've had a haircut, and it's definitely time for something new. I've been scouring Pinterest and googling like a champ for some good ideas, and here are a few I'm thinking about.

(This is my favorite.  I like the layers, but I'd probably go just a teensy bit longer than this.)

(Can I just say that I LOVE Kate Beckinsale.  And her gorgeous hair.)

(This one's the wildcard.  I'm not certain I could pull this off, and I feel like I'd be totally over the bangs after a few days, but it's definitely cute.)

My six week weigh-in was yesterday, and I've lost a total of 23 pounds so far. Some weeks are better than others, but I'm actually feeling really great, and it's getting easier to say no to things that aren't good for me. Some evil person brought the most delicious-looking brownies to work today, but I'm realizing that it just isn't worth it. I'm getting back into some of the clothes I haven't been able to fit into for a year or so, and it feels so, so good.


(Taken this weekend at my friend Hope's wedding.  Congrats, Hope and Josh!)

Micah and I have to go to Houston this weekend to check on the rent house after our tenant moved out. She seemed like she really, really wanted to get her deposit back, so I'm hoping she did a good job keeping it up. And I'm really hoping we find another tenant to lease the house for another year. If you know anyone who needs a place to live in Houston, give me a shout! :)

Apparently the hard drive on our laptop is failing. That thing survived law school and the Texas bar exam, but apparently it's just had enough. So we're shopping for a new computer, and it's utterly bewildering. What was the cutting edge the last time I shopped for computers is now obsolete, and I can't tell what's "good" these days. All I know is that my last two laptops were Sonys, and neither lasted more than three years, so I'm definitely going with something else this time.

That's about all the random I can muster today.  Hope you guys are having a great week!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...