Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thankful Thursdays...

This week has been sort of insane. Part of that is work-related, but most of it is the fact that I've been sneaking chapters of the last book in the Inheritance Cycle in any spare minute I can find, and I FINALLY finished it this morning. So, so good. Seriously, if you liked Harry Potter or are at all into the idea of magic, you should read these books.

So that's what's been up with me -- a bunch of work and a bunch of reading. Aren't you so glad you can share in my incredibly interesting life? ;)

Anyway, here are this week's thankfuls.

{I'm thankful} for rain and cool weather. I promise - you won't hear a hint of complaint from me about the weather cooling down or the rain we've been getting. Bring it on, God. :)

{I'm thankful} that Micah and I FINALLY made it to a Sunday School class last Sunday. We really liked the couples in our class, and the teacher seems wonderful. That'll make it easier not to hit the snooze button every Sunday. :)

{I'm thankful} for this month's Birchbox. I got these wonderful things in the mail yesterday, and I really like the ones I've tried so far.


The BeFine night cream felt wonderful when I put it on, and my skin felt great when I woke up this morning.  But I've got to be honest, it's not as good as this stuff my stepmom hooked me up with. (And I don't even care that it's designed for mature skin - it feels AMAZING!)  I'm just keeping it real.  I haven't tried the Anastasia Lash Lifting Mascara, but I'll let you know when I do.  The Kerastase Elixir Ultime is amazing.  I'll probably be asking for some for Christmas, since $54/bottle for hair product is pretty steep, even for this drama queen.  The Alex & Isabelle hair ties are too adorable, but I probably won't buy any.  I just don't wear my hair up enough to justify the cost.  It's too soon to tell whether the Supersmile whitening toothpaste will work, but it definitely feels and tastes good, so that's a plus. :)

{I'm thankful} for sauteed zucchini, grape tomatoes, and pan-seared scallops.  Amen.

{I'm thankful} for this post about Compassion International.  I haven't talked about it with Micah yet, but I feel certain that he'll agree that we should sponsor a child.  We've been given much. And when I thought about the fact that if I can just give up ONE sushi lunch a month (which I shouldn't be eating anyway on my diet), I'll pay to help feed, educate, and care for a child who needs it, I just almost broke down in tears.  I'm praying fervently that God would keep reminding me to be grateful for this life.  There is so much to be thankful for.

{I'm thankful} for a husband who loves me in spite of the fact that I randomly bust out (1) horrible dance moves, (2) horrible singing, and (3) a horrible English accent in public.  Quite often.

{I'm thankful} that some of the red tape my mom has been stressing about was resolved today - looks like they'll be homeowners very soon!

{I'm thankful} for this little girl.  She's given this auntie a lot to think about... :) (And wouldn't you just murder for those eyelashes?  I see a lot of trouble for her daddy in years to come...)


{I'm thankful} that the girls at work don't let me flake out on them.  We've now gone down and back up the 16 stories of stairs in our building four times in two weeks, and it's getting easier every time.  (But make no mistake - I'm still covered in sweat and completely out of breath every time we finish.)

{I'm thankful} that I am a child of a loving God who never gives up on me.   

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...