Monday, November 14, 2011

What we did this weekend...

1. Drove to Houston to check on the house. When we walked up, this is what we saw:

After that, we were sort of panicked about what we would find inside, but thankfully it wasn't too bad. We'll need to have the carpets cleaned and the entire house professionally cleaned, but there wasn't any actual damage. Apparently the tenant just didn't own a hedge trimmer.

2. Watched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2. (Will I ever watch that movie and not cry?) Somehow I ended up purchasing every showing of Harry Potter on Dish Network's Pay-Per-View. I've definitely got to call about that today.

3. Had lunch with my Dad and Lori, whereupon I cheated with an embarassing amount of chips. I'm perfectly angelic about 97% of the time, so I figured I earned a little reward. We'll see what the scale thinks about that when I go weigh in today. :)

4. Watched several DVR'd episodes of The High Low Project.



Have you guys seen this show on HGTV? Sabrina Soto (who I think is just impossibly adorable) creates a couple's dream room with no regard to price for them to see and fall in love with. And then she recreates the same exact room (or as close to it as she can) within their budget. It's fun to watch, and it's also neat to see how she saves money but still achieves the same look.

5. Went to a concert at church. The band had just gotten back from several weeks in the Ukraine, and they were just amazing. We had a blasty blast.

And... that's about it. This week's going to be crazy. I've got to be in New Orleans for work Tuesday through Friday, and then my cute friend Kimi is coming up from Houston on Friday afternoon to hang out and go see Twilight with me. I've been trying to get my guest room/bathroom in order, but as of now I haven't quite phased all of the black and white stuff out of there, so we've got a little bit of clashing going on. Oh well... at least the bed is comfy. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...