Friday, November 18, 2011

Where I've been...

Since Tuesday, I've been in New Orleans for work.  Can you believe that I was within blocks of the French Quarter and didn't have a single beignet? Or gumbo.  Or etoufee.  I worked all day and ate at the hotel every night.  But everything went well, and I'm glad to be home!

Today, my friend Kimi is coming into town so we can see Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 1 together. :)  I sort of got her hooked on the books, so I feel responsible for her obsession with sparkly vampires and half-naked werewolves.  And it'll be really good to catch up - I haven't seen her in over a year!

Other than that, this weekend should be fairly quiet.  We've got Thanksgiving dinner with my Mom's family on Sunday which should be great.  I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to bring.  Something healthy, obviously, but it would be nice if it was also delicious.  I'm thinking about these parmesan zucchini crisps.


Don't these look so yummy?! I'm on a serious zucchini kick right now.  My favorite way to eat them is by making them in this recipe by Barefoot Contessa.  She doesn't have a picture up, but I can promise that they're DELICIOUS.  Something about the onions really brings out the wonderful flavor of the zucchini.  Make it soon, and you won't be sorry.

In other news, I'm almost done with the third Game of Thrones book.  Let me just tell you -- these books are page turners.  They're long but so, so good.  The author always keeps you guessing.  But, they're also kind of out there.  I just have to sort of rush through the weird stuff because I couldn't stop if I wanted to.  I've got to see what happens to these people!

Sorry I've gone so long between posts.  I promise I'll take pictures of our Twilight adventure this weekend and share soon. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...