I feel like I need another weekend, y'all. I didn't get near enough done. How the crap is it already almost Christmas?
We did manage to scratch a few things off our to-do list, though.
(1) We got to love on this little sassy-pants a couple of times.
Our niece is impossibly adorable and getting so big. She can say so many words (and I'm not afraid to admit that my favorite is "Ry-Ry!"), and she is just all over the place. I love thinking about when our little one will be old enough to keep up with her. I have a feeling they might be trouble... :)
(2) We celebrated Micah's mom's birthday. And I get that I shouldn't love Olive Garden because it's just a chain, but is there really anything better than bottomless breadsticks and salad? I think not.
(3) We made many trips to Lowe's and Elliot's Hardware and eventually...
PAINTED THE NURSERY!
Micah manned the ceiling, and I did a lot of the walls and trim work, and we knocked it out in a couple of hours. I'm kind of in love with the look, but Micah's convinced it's way too bright (anyone surprised?). I'm trying to talk him off the ledge, though, by explaining that once we get the room filled up, the pretty walls won't be the only thing the eye goes to. I'm going to wait to post pictures until we get it done (or at least almost done), so it'll be awhile before I can share, but I can't wait. :)
(4) I also spray-painted some side tables that will go upstairs in our guest room. They're black metal, and I got them from Ikea, like, seven years ago. I gave them a good dose of hammered brown paint, and I think they'll look perfect up there with the whites and neutrals we're going with.
(5) I managed to get paint all over me, and Micah manged to stay impeccably neat. As usual.
(6) I squeezed in a nap and woke up to the Cowboys clenching the win in overtime. Love.
(7) We stayed glued to our seats with our hands covering our faces during the Dexter season finale. Did anyone else catch it last night? Oh. Em. Gee.
Now that I'm looking at our weekend in list form, I'm feeling significantly more productive. We'll just ignore the fact that I still have several Christmas presents to buy and wrap, briefs to write for work, a nursery to decorate, and baby stuff to register for. There's still plenty of time for that, right? Right??