Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Beauty and tears...

The last few days have been filled with such joy... and pain.

The joy is in this little beauty.

 photo 2550B7FD-61A7-49EE-BB46-C6F6FFAA82C1.jpg

Meet Blakely Georgia, y'all.  Niece #2 was born on Friday morning, just before noon.  She's teeny and perfect and cuddly as she could be, and we're all enamored.  Faith's labor went super smoothly and QUICKLYthey started the pitocin around 8:30, and Faith was pushing two and a half hours later!  Mom and baby are doing great, and I think big sister Stella is adjusting well, too. 

But even as my family revels in the wonder and beauty of a new, little life, we're also reminded of the inevitability of death.

My Mimi is very, very sick, friends.  The lung cancer has been rapidly making its way through her bones, and now it has spread to her brain.  I've been trying to write about Mimi for months now.  I've been trying to tell you all how confusing it has been and how heart-wrenching is it to see my firecracker of a grandmother in so much pain.  But the words never seemed adequate, and so I just couldn't write them.  

Now I'll just shamelessly solicit your prayers.  Mimi had a massive seizure on Friday (which led to the CT scan that revealed the lesions on her brain), and she's currently in the ICU, hopefully getting strong enough to head to hospice at some point.

There's no question that my Lord is big and powerful enough to take it all away.  But I also believe that He may intend to give her peace and bring her home with Him.  So I just seek His will, whatever it may be.  Wherever He leads, I'll go.  

11 comments:

Laurie @ Stylin Savanna said...

So sorry to hear about your Mimi. My husbands gramma is battling that as well right now, and his other gramma lost her fight about 3 years ago. Such a gut wrenching awful thing to go through. Hugs to you!

Breanna said...

I am so sorry to hear about your Mimi. I know how hard it is. We lost my grandfather in May to brain cancer. It was absolutely awful. We watched him deteriorate so quickly. My heart is with you and your family. <3

Soak in those newborn snuggles...your niece is beautiful! <3

The Tale of Three Ps said...

I'm so sorry to hear this, Ryan. Lots of prayers for you and yours.

Amber K said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your Mimi. Watching a family member suffer from cancer is so hard. Praying for you all!

Kathryn said...

Sending hugs and prayers for you and your family.

Kate said...

So sorry you have to go through this! It is so painful to see our loved ones struggle--prayers for you and your family during this difficult time!

Brooke said...

So sorry to hear about your Mimi, prayers for her and your family!

Laura said...

I'm so so sorry to hear this Ryan. My prayers will be with you and your family. I hope this will come out right, but I've faced quite a lot of loss in the last couple of years and I do believe that God put new blessings in to ease the pain and to remind me that there is always death and then there is always new life. I truly hope that it's not time to say goodbye to your Mimi yet though. Hugs, Laura.

Emily said...

So sorry to heat about your Mimi-prayers for you, your family and her. God's got this.

Jessica K said...

First off congrats again on becoming an Aunt to a super cute girl! And I will be praying for Mimi. It's so hard to see strong women who have been here our whole life crumble, and suffer...I pray for peace for your family, comfort for Mimi. It makes me think of the little song the kids sing in church, "Our God is so big, so strong and so mighty, there's nothing our God cannot do." Stay strong!

Mandy said...

Sweet friend....I am so very sorry for what is going on with your sweet Mimi right now. I'm covering her in prayer right now- that she be healed from her pain and for you and your family for peace in His will being done and for what is to come. Thinking about you during this time. Hugs.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...