I'm on a mission, you guys.
I am on a MISSION to get my ishhh together.
Because I'm coming to realize that the first six months at work after coming back from maternity leave were probably not representative of what life's going to be like as a working mom. Maybe people were giving me a free pass and taking it easy because of the no-sleep thing? Maybe things were just slower for a bit? Either way, it's game on now.
And I am totally losing.
I do actually feel like I'm keeping things afloat at work, at least to a decent degree. It's in the everyday life stuff that I am sucking. Laundry, organization, commitments... PLANNING MY ONLY CHILD'S FIRST BIRTHDAY PARTY (that's in less than a month)! Heck, I still have tissue paper poms hanging from my curtain rods in my dining room from my sister-in-law's baby shower nearly three weeks ago. I'm a hot mess, y'all.
So I'm working hard to organize my life. I'm using the Wunderlist app, which is magical. It allows you to keep multiple lists going, share your lists with others (Micah and I share a grocery list), and set reminders. And I'm going back to my trusty white board at work.
I'm actually going to bore you today with my random to-do list. Because (1) I love lists (clearly) and (2) I need some accountability. These things WILL get done by the end of the weekend. I declare it to be so.
- Order battery for my car key. (I'm currently having to manually unlock my doors. How 1990 am I?)
- Mail Gracie's birthday party invitations.
- Make eye doctor appointment.
- Make dentist appointment.
- Order cakes for Grace's party.
- Order Grace's birthday present.
- Print pictures. (All of the pictures in my office are from months ago...)
- Schedule one-year session with Lauren and order outfits.
- Order decorations/favors for Grace's party.
- Organize Grace's closet.
- Find a blog consultant. (I'm having SEO issues. Apparently my blog's not showing up in internet searches for some strange reason?)
- Take a nap.
Who'll put $20 on me not even getting through half this list? ;)