Tuesday, September 29, 2015

{No. 13} Sleep Under the Stars...

While we were in Destin, I was sitting outside on the patio and looking out into the night sky, full of stars, and it hit me that I could totally sleep out there and cross number 13 off my 30 Before 30 list.

 photo IMG_0061.jpg

So we dragged down a mattress from one of the extra bunk beds, and I grabbed a couple of blankets, and I went for it. Micah wasn't interested in joining me (weenie!), so I had to go it alone. Which made actually falling asleep nearly impossible because every little noise became a rat and/or serial killer.

But I eventually closed my eyes, listened to the sounds of the waves rolling in, and fell asleep.

And then I woke up to this.

 photo IMG_0080.jpg

Glorious, right?

To be honest, it was some of the best sleep I've ever had. (And apparently Gracie woke up in the middle of the night and ended up in bed with Micah, and I completely missed that.)

Does this also count as camping? I say yes.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...