Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Taylor and other things...

I'm currently sitting in a Starbucks in Houston, and getting more and more giddy by the minute.

Because tonight I'm doing something I've wanted to do for about ten years now.

I'M GOING TO SEE TAYLOR SWIFT IN CONCERT!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haters gonna hate (hate, hate, hate, hate...), but I've loved her music since she released her very first album. And tonight I finally get to see her perform in person. So if you follow me on Instagram, be prepared for an annoying amount of pictures and videos of me and my friend having the time of our lives singing ALL THE WORDS.

And then Micah and Grace and I leave on Friday for Destin. We'll be gone a full, glorious week, and I can't even handle myself right now. I haven't taken more than a four-day vacation since we went to Paris in 2012 when I was pregnant with Grace. And I haven't been to a beach that wasn't Galveston (I have a hard time counting Galveston -- sorry, South Texas friends) in four or five years. So we're due for a good, long beach trip. We rented a house right on the beach, and Micah's family and my mom and stepdad are joining us, which will be a blast.

What probably won't be a blast is the 10.5-hour drive to Florida from Texas with a toddler. I spent an embarrassing amount of money at the Target dollar section and Amazon buying things to keep her busy, so I feel as prepared as I can be. Any good apps you guys can suggest for a toddler? We just bought an iPad mini, so I plan on spending some time on Thursday night loading up on Barney episodes and other obnoxious things. Hit me with your ideas, friends.

Alrighty, I think that's about it for now.

I'll check in and tell you all about Taylor soon!

6 comments:

Kate said...

You will have the best time! I saw her in DC, and I actually got to meet her many years ago when she first started out. I've also loved Taylor since the beginning, and I think I always will!

Joey Hodges said...

I am so jealous that you're seeing Taylor AND that you're going on a vacation. I haven't been on a proper vacation since my honeymoon...

Jennifer said...

so jealous! Love Taylor Swift!!

MKLackey said...

PBS Kids app - it is tons of fun for her age and Beck & Bo.

fancyashstyle said...

Preschool monkey lunchbox app is good... A bit annoying. Maybe get her some headphones? Olivia loves ABC mouse, and starfall. You can also download shows and movies through iTunes. Has to be downloaded through wifi, so make sure you do it ahead of time-I learned that the hard way. I bet the drive won't be as bad as you think. It'll all be worth it when you arrive at the beautiful white sandy beach! Have fun.

The Tale of Three Ps said...

Good luck! Brave soul.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...