Saturday, March 7, 2009

Can I just say...

... I LOVE Harry Potter.

I mean I REALLY REALLY do. I can't help myself. I have always loved the idea of magic, and from the first time I saw the first Harry Potter movie I was hooked! I think I've read each of the books at LEAST three times. The last one I KNOW I have read four times. I shouldn't admit this, but I've even had dreams where I had a wand and could do magic. And I ALWAYS said the right spells in my dream. :) I was SOOO excited to read the last book, but when it was over I felt such a sense of loss! Like I'd never get to read anything new about Harry and his life as an adult...

Micah thinks I'm dorky. But whatever. Harry Potter's cool. :)

AND, for any other Harry Potter lovers out there, you should really read the Inheritance Cycle. The first book in the series is "Eragon." (They made it into a pretty horrible movie). And it's kind of like a cross between Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings, which I think is a good thing. Three of the four books have been published, and I'm eagerly awaiting the last one.




AND the author started writing the books when he was fifteen!!!! Which amazes me. When I was fifteen, I was a boy-crazy cheerleader unable to comprehend that a world existed outside of high school. Imagine having the imagination to write such wonderful books!!! Anyway... I swear I'm not getting paid for endorsing Christopher Paolini's books. ;) I just think they're pretty great.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...