Friday, March 20, 2009

Whew!!!

Spring Break has been.... eventful!!

Micah and I went home to Dallas last Friday for a few days. It's always amazing going home. I love my family and Micah's, and there's nothing like the peace of Josephine. I miss it so much in this big city... I feel so small and insignificant here sometimes.

Anyway, we got to see our families, and Fluffy did well on both the drive there and back home. She can be a very good girl sometimes. But sometimes... she's... well let's just say she's SASSY! We spent the better part of today cutting out part of our carpet pad and cleaning the carpet where Fluffy has had some accidents. Micah just could NOT handle it anymore. So hopefully he's satisfied now. ;)

Also... while we were driving to Chuy's for lunch yesterday (LOVE that place and their jalepeno cream sauce!) a "Check Charging System" light came on in Micah's truck. The manual in his glove box said that message was only super-urgent when it came on at high speeds, which it hadn't, so we assumed we had time to get home so I could change and get to moot court practice. On the way back, all of the electronics in his truck had just shut down. Even his speedometer! Thank goodness we made it home, because on Micah's way to the auto parts store, his truck died. On the side of the road. He didn't want to have it towed because it was late at night and everything was closed, so he decided to wait until the morning. We went back this morning and the truck was still there and unharmed, so we called a tow truck. But the City of Houston beat us to the punch. Before the tow truck WE called could get there, this guy working for the City came by and told us he had to tow the truck. Thank goodness we talked him into taking it to the Ford dealership down the road instead of to the city's processing center. But it was still more expensive... still waiting to hear how much it's going to cost to replace Micah's alternator.

The BIGGEST news is that Micah and I bought a puppy yesterday!! I just couldn't stand it any longer. I LOVE dogs, and everyone around me has one, and when Micah's brother walked into his parents' house with the sweetest little puppy, I just decided I could wait no longer. We knew we wanted a lab, so we looked around the lab rescues here in town and all over the state and couldn't find the right one. I just kind of felt guilty going through a breeder when there are so many unwanted dogs in pounds. So I decided to check out the Houston SPCA website, and about three pages in, I saw the SWEETEST little chocolate lab face looking back at me! We RUSHED to the SPCA to see if she was still there, and I couldn't find her anywhere. I finally looked in the small dogs room and seriously started crying when I found her. There were like FOUR chocolate lab puppies there, which I thought was weird. But I had come for Lilly! So we filled out all of her paperwork and are picking her up tonight!




I can't express how excited I am!! Micah and I went all around town today buying Lilly stuff. We bought her a doghouse and looked like the BIGGEST idiots trying to fit it into my mustang in the Walmart parking lot. But we got all her little stuff (minus the puppy clothes, which Micah said no to in the store... but I'll just have to go back and buy them without him). I've been reading today on how to properly train them, and how to react to all the puppy-isms. I'm sure I'll be having a few sleepless nights the next few days, but I'll keep you posted. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...