Monday, December 28, 2009

Merry Christmas a few days late...

Well that week just FLEW by! After my last final last Saturday (which I'm pretty sure was a DISASTER!) I drove straight to Dallas to stay with my Dad for a couple of days. We had such a good time, and Miss Lilly sure did enjoy the big backyard and all the trees. And the hamburgers and hot dogs Dad and Lori fed her. :)

Then I stayed two days with my Mom and Steve. And apparently Lilly made a new best friend in their dog Gus. She followed him around like a lovesick puppy (because apparently she was!) and didn't leave him alone for a minute. Poor Gus had to go sleep in his crate to get away from her. :)

The time with my parents was so wonderful. I missed Micah a ridiculous amount (he stayed at Fort Hood until Wednesday), but it was nice to get to visit with them and be around during the holidays.

And then Micah finally came into town, and we had a WONDERFUL first Christmas together.

Everyone says nothing changes when you get married (especially if you had been living together beforehand), but I couldn't disagree more. There's just something about having made that commitment before the Lord. We made a promise, a covenant, to love one another for the rest of our lives. And that changes everything. So anyway, our first Christmas together as a married couple was lovely, and we got WAY too many presents.

We drove home the day after Christmas and slept like babies that night.

And then yesterday we celebrated our first anniversary!!! I got Micah some really nice cigars and a gift card to The Buckle for some new jeans. He got me a gift card for a full body massage and a new rain showerhead, which feels WONDERFUL by the way. Then we spent the day shopping and just spending time together. We were also supposed to go to dinner at Fogo de Chao last night, but I wasn't feeling well and we ended up ordering Chinese food and watching the Cowboys game. Not a bad way to spend the night. :)

I won't write anything mushy or sappy about how incredibly perfectly wonderful my husband is or how I feel like the luckiest girl when he looks at me or how marrying him last December was the most wonderful moment in my life. I'll just say that we had a GREAT Christmas and anniversary, and God has blessed us abundantly. :)

And here's a few wedding pictures for good measure. :)





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...