Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Scaredy cat...

It's probably no secret that I'm a weenie.

I've been scared of the dark since I was a little girl. I must have just seen too many scary movies or murders on the news, because I was just convinced someone was going to break into my house and get me.

In fact, I was so scared that my mom had to make up this huge story about a magic unicorn that protected me while I was sleeping to get me to go to sleep some nights. I believed her for a ridiculously long time. But that's beside the point.

Unsurprisingly, I've never lived alone. When I moved out of my parents' house in Josephine, I moved on campus with a roommate. Then, the next year I had a different roommate. Then, I moved to Houston and was ALMOST going to live alone, but then Micah and I decided to move in together.

So here I am, 24 years old and still afraid of the dark. I've never really had to face my fears before, but Micah's recently had to do some traveling for work, and I have to stay in this house all by myself. If I lived in Dallas, I'd probably go stay with one of my parents. But it's just me here. So I've got to grow up, I guess.

Tonight, Micah is in Fort Hood (which is scary for very different reasons), and I was doing pretty well until about 10:00.

And then I heard a weird, loud noise outside the house. My first instinct was to call 911, but I realized police officers probably have better things to do than snoop around my house looking for the source of scary, loud noises.

So I went in to get the shotgun. We keep it under the bed, unloaded because Micah insists. And he's shown me how to load it before, but of course I forgot. So I had to call him to tell me how to load it. Sweet, sweet man that he is, he didn't laugh at me for being irrationally afraid of loud noises.

And after I loaded it, I sat in the bedroom on the floor for about 30 minutes. I just couldn't get up. But I finally realized that I was being absolutely ridiculous. So I got up, went to the living room, turned on Christmas music, and got back to studying. Easy as that.

Although, I am writing a blog at 12:45 at night. Which might be some indication that I'm still a little scared to go to sleep. But I'm getting courageous enough to try. Or maybe I'm just so tired that I don't care anymore. :)

1 comment:

Ally said...

girl, i am the same way. it makes me feel better that i'm not alone. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...