Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Progress...

I keep wondering two things: (1) am I EVER going to feel better (the sick-ish-ness has turned into full-blown sick... my allergies are just insane right now) and (2) am I EVER going to get our house in order?

We've made a LOT of progress since Saturday. Almost all of the rooms are unpacked, as far as the big stuff goes. Our closet is totally organized, the master bedroom and bathrooms are basically done, and so is the kitchen. It's just all the little, decorative things that I'm trying to get finished. I have SO many frames/vases/candles that I'm trying to find a place for. At this point, since we don't have a nice dining room table yet, all of my "pretty" stuff is laying on my dining room floor, just waiting for me to find the perfect spot.

Plus, there are several things we still need to pick up. We decided against buying new living room furniture for this house because we're only going to be here a year and I really don't want to buy something that may or may not go perfectly in the next place we end up. More importantly, I'm still not exactly sure what my style or vision will be. I'm planning on looking at a LOT of decorating magazines over the next few months. :) I do think it'll be okay to decorate our bedroom at some point... as soon as I figure out what I like.

So that's what we've been up to. Micah starts back to work on Thursday, and I start on Friday, so hopefully we can get everything done before then ! For now, here's a peek at the inside of the house.


It's the view of the kitchen from the living room. It's kind of hard to see, but the island is enormous. My Pottery Barn vase and candle sitting in the middle of it are actually pretty big, but they're clearly not big enough to serve as a centerpiece. I found a pretty vase and some flowering dogwood branches at Pier One, and I'm planning on picking those up this week. And I still need things to go on the walls in the breakfast nook, but that will just have to wait... along with the many, many other things that need to be done. :)

4 comments:

Sarah McM said...

Can't wait to see it all put together. Looks gorgeous so far! Next time we come through Dallas my little family of soon-to-be-4 will camp out on that kitchen island, which is clearly big enough to fit all of us.

Unknown said...

It already look amazing, Ryan, way to go. Praying you heal very soon! I don't like someone as sweet as you being sick! Love ya!

Ryan said...

Thanks, y'all! And, Sarah, I found a centerpiece for the island, so it looks like you'll have to camp on the kitchen table, which might be a little more cramped. :)

Anonymous said...

You are just so very precious!!!!
Love you aunt brig

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...