Friday, October 15, 2010

In the courtroom...

Well, I obviously missed Day Four of the 30-Day Blog Challenge, but I promise I'll make it up today. The reason I didn't post yesterday is because I was actually in Marshall, Texas to observe a patent trial!

My firm was representing one of three defendants, and I really wanted a chance to watch some of it, so I got up at 4:30 (AM!) and drove over to east Texas. The morning session got underway around 9:00, and I got to watch one of our attorneys cross-examine two of the plaintiff's witnesses (it was SO great - I only wish I could be that good). I was so looking forward to watching more that afternoon and the next day, but a little after lunch the case settled. So, while I was thrilled for our clients, I was a bit bummed I didn't get to watch more.

But the trip wasn't a total loss because everyone went out to dinner last night in Shreveport. The food was DELICIOUS, and it was so great to get to know everyone a little more. I've been at the firm for a little over two weeks, but I still haven't met everyone yet. I wish I had been game to go out with everyone after dinner, but I was just too tired. So I hitched a ride with some of the paralegals back to the hotel.

I'm SUCH an old lady - I go to Shreveport for the first time ever, and I don't place a single bet! And, actually, I know PLENTY of old ladies who love playing the slots in Shreveport, so I can't even say that. I guess I'm just boring. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...