Saturday, November 20, 2010

New Stuff

Well, this weekend has already been amazing, and Saturday isn't even over yet!

Last night, we went out to Micah's parents' house because his brother and his fiance got MARRIED! It was a real small, quiet ceremony, but it was wonderful, and I am so, so, SO happy for them. Seth is a great guy, and Diana is amazing, as well. It was a blessing to get to see them begin their lives together.

And then this morning Micah and I got up and went to see Harry Potter in IMAX.

Oh. Em. Gee.

I absolutely loved it, although I've actually loved almost all the Harry Potter movies. Never as much as the books, of course, but definitely enough to buy them all. :) I won't go into any detail in case you haven't seen it yet, but I'll just say that it was fairly true to the book, and if you don't remember what happened in the last movie, you might want to watch it again before you go see the new one.

After the movie, Micah and I grabbed lunch at Texas Roadhouse. I just really love that place. The food is always delicious, and it's not super expensive. Plus, their rolls are so good they make me want to cry.

After lunch, we dropped by the Conn's Clearance Center in Mesquite to check out their TVs. My stepbrother had gotten a great deal on a TV there last week, so I wanted to check it out. We've been pricing 55" LED TVs for awhile, and the best I could find was either a Vizio for ~$1400 or a Best Buy Black Friday special on a Samsung for $1500.

Unbelievably, we ended up getting a 55" LG LED TV for... $1000!!!!

It was a floor model, I think, but it's in great condition, and the picture is fantastic.

(We were watching The Hurt Locker.)

It took me a little while to figure out how to adjust the picture to my liking, but I finally got it. So I'm thrilled with our new purchase, and I'm ecstatic that I don't have to brave the masses on Black Friday to find a TV.

I also wanted to show you our new dishes, as I promised that I would. Pardon the picture quality - it's from my iPhone.

Here's a picture of a bowl. It's a grassy green with a scalloped design and beading around the rim. I love the antique look and the pretty design. I was THISCLOSE to buying Fiestaware, but these were significantly cheaper and just a little more me. :)

Tonight, Micah and I are just cuddled up on the couch being lazy. I'm fairly certain I'm about to relax with a bubble bath and a book. For me, life doesn't get much better than that. :)

I hope you are all having wonderful weekends, as well. Praise God for this wonderful, cool weather we've been having. This is my favorite time of the year!

1 comment:

Sarah McM said...

So many things I love in this post. Namely, HARRY POTTER WAS AMAZING! And I love that because they split it into 2 they are able to keep so true to the book while still being artistic and cinematic. Also, Texas Roadhouse rolls with that freaky delicious butter... I could die a happy woman eating those. Forget being old and dying in my sleep. I will be old and die sitting at Texas Roadhouse eating those rolls.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...