Monday, August 8, 2011

PB finds... and a surprise!

I'm just going to go ahead and apologize in advance for the quality of these pictures. I waited until the sun went down to take them, and these darned energy efficient lightbulbs (which are amazing for our electricity bills) are horrible for pictures. But I wanted to go ahead and post these pictures anyway. Once I get everything in the right spot and all accessorized, I'll take more pictures in the daytime. :)

Ha! Fooled ya! This is the table we bought, but I definitely didn't take that picture. I just wanted to show you what it looks like all staged and everything.

Here it is in our house. We don't have any chairs yet (and judging from the ones Micah's really wanting, it'll be awhile - we're going to have to buy them one at a time!), but I'm already in love. The distressed wood planks are just perfect for the rustic style of the house, and the wrought iron brackets (is that what those things are?) echo the wrought iron we have in other places in the house. There are a few scuffs, but once I get them stained with the touch-up pen pottery barn sells, it'll be perfect! And I love it even more knowing that I got it over $800 off - all because it was missing a few bolts!

Here's a closeup. It's such a lovely mahogany color, which goes perfectly with the front door. I promise that once we get all the chairs and the piano painted, I'll post a picture of the whole room. I'm so excited to see it all come together!

Here's the desk! It's such a classic style in such a classic color, and it feels casual, yet elegant. I hate the stuffy, boxy, massive executive desks I see in a lot of places - this is streamlined but not too square or sleek. It's also a little distressed, so it'll go well with the overall theme throughout the house.

When we got home tonight we got a bonus surprise! I had tried to order the chaise I'd been eying from Urban Outfitters, but I never got a confirmation email, and it hadn't gone through on the credit card yet, so I thought it had been backordered. But two gigantic boxes were on the porch when Micah got home today, and it was the chaise! We put it all together, and this is what it looks like:

The color in the picture isn't super accurate. It's a bit darker than the bright spots on the arms suggest, and the color really is perfect.
The problem is mostly that I'm not sure if it's the right piece for that space. I'm not actually sure if we need anything there at all. I'll be getting some creamy white drapes to go on the windows behind it, and a tree for the corner to the left. I was planning on getting a large mirror to lean against the wall opposite the bed in the corner to the right of the windows, so I'm not actually sure we need anything there in front of the windows. I'd like to have some sort of seating, but I'm not positive this is what I want. Maybe just a creamy white wingback chair. What do you guys think?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...