Sunday, January 1, 2012

A look back...

Today has been bittersweet to me because 2011 was so good to us - we're sad to see it go! I've been thinking back to everything we've experienced this year and praising the Lord for his many blessings.

This year...

... I shopped a lot.
... We had the biggest snow I can remember.
... I met Pioneer Woman.
... We bought our first house together.
... I photographed a wedding.
... I had my first trial.
... I wrote about my favorite beauty products.
... I got addicted to Pinterest.
... I cried with my best friend when she was told her son likely had cancer and rejoiced in God's goodness when she found out that he didn't.
... We welcomed our niece, Stella Josephine, into the world.
... I saw Backstreet Boys/NKOTB in concert.
... I saw Rihanna in concert.
... I saw Britney Spears in concert.
... Micah caught a BIG fish.
... We took an impromptu trip to San Marcos and got some furniture for a steal at the Pottery Barn outlet.
... I finally ordered Micah's juicer.
... I reflected on the ten year anniversary of 9/11.
... I started a diet and lost 32 pounds.
... I worked a lot.
... We singlehandedly kept the Knox Street Pottery Barn in business (ha!).
... We took a trip to Houston to see one of my besties get married.
... I shared all of our decorating adventures and mishaps.
... I reflected on God's extravagant grace.
... We decked the halls for Christmas.
... I did a Christmas Countdown for Micah.
... I hosted a Christmas party for some girlfriends.
... And I decided to do Project Scripture.

It was a year of mostly ups and only a few downs, and I am, once again, amazed at God's grace.  I can only pray He is as wonderful to us in 2012 as He was in 2011. :)

2 comments:

The Links said...

Sounds like a good year to me!! I feel like I "experienced" most of it with you since you blogged about it!! Keep blogging in 2012, I enjoy keeping up with you!!

The Links said...

Just start PHOTO A DAY today. Who cares if you missed the first 2 days. You can take a pictures of yourself and breakfast tomorrow and pretend that you took it on the correct day!! Nobody will know but me and i won't tell!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...