Friday, June 8, 2012

Show Us Your Life: Our Kitchen!

So earlier this week I showed you guys around our living room.

This week, it's all about the kitchen (and I'm linking up with Kelly again)!

When we saw our house for the first time, it was the kitchen that made us take a second look at the too-small living room and think about overlooking the fact that the house is a two-story (we had been planning on buying a one-story).


The antiqued cream cabinets and lovely granite made me swoon. :)  (And I can totally fawn over them with no sense of pride because I didn't pick out anything in this house.  Although brand new when we bought it, it was a "spec" home, and all the design elements had been decided before we even saw it.)


I love that I have plenty of cabinet and counter space, especially with the island.


As in the rest of the house, I used a lot of green (can you tell that it's my favorite color?) and cream with a few pops of yellow.


These are my cute little canisters from Pottery Barn, which you can write on with dry-erase marker.


I try not to clutter up my countertops too much, but I can't help myself.  I seriously NEED all these things! :) (Particularly the iPod docking station - I pretty much can't cook without music. :))  Both the cookbook holder and pitcher came from the Wisteria Outlet in Dallas.


These cool cabinets are perfect for pots/pans/cookie sheets/servingware.  I'm not sure what I'll do if we ever move into a house that doesn't have them.


I think I could probably do a lot better above the fridge, but since really does look fine, I have a hard time motivating myself to change it (story of my life...)


This is our little breakfast nook and my very pitiful Ikea table/chairs from college.  The whole set cost me $99, and they're definitely not the sturdiest things you've ever sat in.  But they'll do for now. :)  I'm actively looking for a new chandelier but am having a hard time figuring out what style I want.  All I know is that this one definitely will not do...


Here's a close-up of our coffee station.  I think this area is technically supposed to be a desk, but we have an office, so I thought we'd make it a coffee station.  I found the chalboard canisters at Pier One on clearance.  (Who knows if they actually keep the coffee fresh - I don't drink it!)


One more view of the island.  That candle in front is sweet tea-scented, and it's my all-time favorite candle.  As you can see, it's pretty much dunzo, so it's a good thing I picked up two more last weekend!

And that's about it, y'all!  Nothing too fancy, and I still have more work to do.  But overall, I really do love my kitchen.  Hopefully we'll make a lot of good memories here over the years. :)

39 comments:

Becca Christensen said...

Ryan - I LOVE your kitchen! And your taste in decor! As a homeowner myself, I get so excited when people post pictures of their home. I'm totally addicted. ha ha.

Love,
B

Nichole @ casadecrews.com said...

Love that island. I am swooning over here!

Team Europe 2007 said...

Very nice! I need to get one of those sweet tea scented candles for my parents :)

Angela said...

Found you through Kelly's Korner. I love your kitchen!!!

Jessica said...

Cute! We are building a new house starting in Sept and I can wait to decorate my kitchen.

Anonymous said...

Green is my favorite color, too!

I especially love the arch over your doorway - just lovely.

~Shelly~ said...

From Kelly's Korner~loooovee your kitchen! I love the green, its so "homey" :)

Megan said...

LOVE your kitchen! I jealous of your counter space!

Evelien said...

Beautiful! I love it!!
I even love the green, and it's definately not my fav color :)

Linds said...

I love your kitchen! Especially those candle holders on your counters... I'm in search of something similar for my mantle right now.

Dani said...

I love you kitchen. The granite is beautiful!!!! I have a similar lamp in my kitchen that came with the house and I'm still looking for a replacement that will go. Good luck, you have great taste!

Colleen said...

so beautiful!!! love your accent colors. love "meeting" lawyer bloggers too. : )

Claire said...

Oh I love your details! And I have that exact same Ikea set (we have two as our dining set!).

Cristi Atchley said...

I love your cabinets! And I've got the Pioneer Woman cookbook on my counter too, ready to start cookin at any time!

You have a beautiful kitchen! I swooned over your living room last week but never left a comment!

Cristi

Kimberly said...

I love your kitchen. I love the colors. Great job!

Lauren and Eddie said...

Your kitchen is GORGEOUS. I love your style. And I want your counter tops! :)

Oxford Impressions said...

Beautiful kitchen. I love this home tour Kelly started. Your granite color is my favorite !

AKA Jane Random said...

This kitchen IS swoon worthy. Love those cabinets!

Kelly’s Korner said...

I love your kitchen!!!! So cute! and open!

Connie said...

LOVE the kitchen. super cute.

Anonymous said...

love your kitchen! super cute

THECAROLINACOUNTRYGIRL said...

This isn't about your kitchen, but I LOVE your couches!!!!!! Oh and the coffee table!!!! I DIE!!!!

Claire said...

Beautiful! What a dream kitchen!

Unknown said...

GORGEOUS Kitchen!! It's so cozy and inviting!!!

Lily said...

New reader from Jacksonville FL!! Love your blog and I LOVE LOVE your decor in your house:)

Jennifer @ MillerMusings said...

I'm over from Kelly's Korner; love your kitchen and your blog is too cute! :)

Established: 2008 said...

Love that island!!! Your house is precious, Ryan! Hope everything is going great in your world!

Kristin said...

Our first house in Alaska had granite and stainless steel and a gorgeous bar/counter area. My husband hated the house because it was too small (1300sq.ft) and I eventually started to dislike it too, but granite makes me swoon every time.

Unknown said...

Love the green!!! Thanks for sharing :)

Erin Branscom said...

What a beautiful kitchen! Love how you decorated the island! :)

momMYsliceoflife said...

LOVE your kitchen! Can't wait to see more of your home!

SILLy stories!! said...

Visiting via KK's - love the kitchen- My favorite color is green too!!!

beckylbranch said...

OMG I adore your kitchen and that color green in your accents is my favorite color! LOVE.

Tracy said...

Seriously Love your kitchen..your house! Love the decor too! Question? What camera do you use or what editing software? You're pictures are so good too!! I REALLY need to learn how to use my camera, ha!

Laura said...

Beautiful! I love the cabinets! I am more into lighter wood myself. I too have lots of greens/neutrals in my house. You are so good at decorating.

Unknown said...

I love it! I work super close to the Wisteria outlet and pop in there occasionally. I could buy just about everything there.

Beth said...

I LOVE your kitchen and the decor!

Angela said...

I love your kitchen! I think it just might be my favorite one yet!

Heather said...

Love your kitchen!! We just picked everything for our new home and I don't think it is going to be near as stunning as your "spec" kitchen :)

I would love to know about this Outlet you mentioned in Dallas. We are moving just North of Dallas in July (20 min from IKEA!).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...