Thursday, December 4, 2014

Stuff and things...

It's Thursday. Thus, here are some stuff and some things.

–    I'm really cheap about jewelry. I basically refuse to spend more than $20 on any one piece, and that significantly limits my purchasing options. (It also means that I occasionally get green skin from the cheap, crappy stuff I buy. Micah freaked me out the other day when he told me my neck was green. I guess that means it's time to retire my favorite gold chain necklace that I bought on clearance at New York and Company a few years ago...)

So imagine my delight when I went to the mall with my sister-in-law and found this cool Cleopatra-esque statement necklace on the clearance rack at Dillards for $12.

 photo 4105B2FB-1F96-4F23-A2B3-4F088CC475D0.jpg
sweater (in orange penny) / similar shoes

Also, if you don't have a pair of matte nude pumps, I highly recommend them. I have eleventy billion pair of patent leather nude pumps, but I bought a matte pair after one of the girls at work wore them, and I wear them with everything now. I think they look especially polished with skinny slacks. (And praise the Lord for shoes that make my legs look much longer than they really are.) 

–    Gracie's sick. She's had a slight cough for a couple of days, but this morning she woke up with a 101 degree fever and snot all over her face, so Micah's staying home with her and stealing all my snuggles.

–    Did you see Mockingjay yet??? I caught it on the evening of Black Friday and really loved it. But... if you read the books, you know that there's really only one logical place for them to split the story to create two separate movies. Unfortunately, that means that the first movie must necessarily be super slow and drawn out, while they'll have to have to cram all the action that happens in the second half into the next movie. You're left wanting more, which is probably what the producers want,

–    I broke down and bought some Younique maskara (or Moodstruck 3D Fiber Lashes, as they call them). I didn't think to mention it on here because I figured everyone had already heard about it, but maybe you haven't. It's not something I wear every day, particularly because I think the mascara that's currently in my makeup bag does a pretty great job. But sometimes it's fun to switch things up.

 photo 97E531FE-6FBF-4BC3-906E-2771FF49F8DA.jpg

What a real blogger would do is show you a comparison picture with Younique on one eye and their regular mascara on the other. But we all know I'm not a real blogger, so you'll just have to settle for an early morning selfie with brows that need plucking and hair that needs combing.

If you've got stuff and/or things that need sharing, link up with Kristin and Joey!

 photo stuffandthings2.jpg

4 comments:

Jennjilla said...

I used to be super cheap with jewelry, too...until my friends introduced me to Kendra Scott. Now, I'm addicted and I can't get enough! Her stuff is so classic, yet totally on trend - and customer service is amazing, too! Get you a pair of earrings, I swear you'll wear them as much as those pretty nude heels!

Joey Hodges said...

Can I just say it makes my heart giddy every time I see your blog name show up in my bloglovin' feed? You look so darn cute in all of your pictures--and that mascara! DANG WOMAN! I need some of that for sure!

Brooke said...

Feel better, Grace!

Unknown said...

Oh I'm totally the same way. Buying a necklace, two pair of earrings and a ring for less than $20 makes me happy. But I guess the moldy look isn't that cute :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...