Tuesday, July 28, 2015

A Stitch Fix Review: July 2015

A good, but not great, month with StitchFix. My stylist nailed it fairly well on style (three items were on my Pinterest board!) but the details were just slightly off. But I did find one keeper. Scroll on down to see what it was!

Gilli Sina V-Neck Printed Maxi Dress ($74)

 photo FB456BF4-82E7-4F87-B6FB-2C1F94ED818F.jpg
 photo E7BEE1FE-A869-4BF8-8542-95CC1C1CE7FE.jpg

I had pinned this dress because it looked fabulous on someone else. But on me? The fabric looked strange, and my, ahem, bosom was abundant. Not a good look.

Brixon Ivy Ronan Maxi Dress ($78)

 photo 64B40EA6-9114-4E5E-97FA-E4BF6ED16BC2.jpg
 photo C1097020-76EE-459B-BA8C-6AB7A7A689F7.jpg

I also pinned this one and LOOOOOOOOVED it. Like, wanted to marry it. The coral color is perfection, and the waistline is so flattering. But it seems to run a bit small and was a smidge too tight on my tummy and derriere. Begrudgingly, I sent it back.

Zad Elvira Natural Stone Pendant Necklace ($34)

 photo 2938F4B6-4DDB-442F-AA85-B98FD91CA1DF.jpg

I wanted to love this but didn't. The color of the stone was very blah to me, and the gold chain and setting looked pretty cheap. I do want a natural stone necklace of some sort, but this wasn't quite what I was looking for.

Skies Are Blue Kaia Crochet Trip Top ($54)

 photo 189AD4A4-3000-4DBD-AB6D-F9253FED947C.jpg
 photo 8900A896-66EC-40A9-A12F-CB5BE0BE3422.jpg

I feel like we've talked about the fact that cap sleeves usually aren't my favorite. I haven't said this to my stylist, though, because she sent a cap sleeve top once that I really loved. This one was fine (and apparently I pinned this one, too!), but the problem is that I would likely wear this to work, so the sleeves would make a regular bra impossible. And there's no way I'm suffering through a strapless bra all day. Sent this one back, also.

Papermoon Toland Kimono ($48)

 photo DD0EDD8E-F86F-4E15-B9C4-83D9931060CA.jpg
 photo A4DC129B-10AA-40B8-B1A7-B5C2BE282405.jpg

The fabric, the crochet detail on the back, and the roomy fit of this kimono made it a winner for me. I do so much black, so the navy and cream were a nice change. I've worn this a couple of times now and have gotten compliments each time. Fabulous with a lacy, cream tank and skinny jeans.

I'm definitely still loving StitchFix. Even when I only keep one item, I find the "investment" totally worth it, and my closet is full of things I probably would never have picked out for myself. Give it a try for a month or two and see what you think. I bet you'll be hooked.

** All links in this post to StitchFix are referral links, but I love this company and do these posts because they're fun. Over and out.

3 comments:

Joey Hodges said...

You definitely have me considering if this is something I should try. I'm TERRIBLE at shopping for myself and rarely let myself spend the money. And when I DO decide to go shopping, I get overwhelmed quickly and give up without much luck. I'm hesitant of the price points though. I'd never in a million years spend $30 on a necklace just as an accessory. I'd have a hard enough time spending $30 on a shirt. Then again, I don't have to wear business attire often so maybe that makes a difference?

Kristin said...

I have two things from Stitchfix that I wear all the time and I kind of hate that I'm considering jumping back on the bandwagon. Truthfully, like Joey, I hate shopping/browsing. It so hard to find things sometimes...The only shopping I've done this summer is crewneck tees at Target.

Unknown said...

Every fashion-loving lady has the moment of exciting while wearing dress.The dress make the lady more beautiful in anytime. You are really good at discovering fashion.It is hard to find the fashion and budget dress.I found the cool website Gearbest printed maxi dress is fashion and good.What is your opinion?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...